Long repertoire but tired...

I sat down and played a lot today. I noodled to begin with to warm up my fingers then segued into scales for a long time. Trying to lose myself in the sound but mostly getting sidetracked by technique. Then I started playing my established repertoire and felt fine with the sound which had settled somewhat. A little frustration would creep in when my technique (mostly left hand) let me down and I attribute this to a bit of fatigue after a busy work day plus a healthy and long walk in the afternoon. Fortunately I was able to play through some pieces even when my fingers weren't behaving! I just kept going regardless of the stumbles I made and let those mistakes stay in the past. This meant I had a rather enjoyable (if not perfect) afternoon lute playing session in the early evening sunlight.

Tomorrow: just listen.

A Photo I took of the Angel of the North last March with his LONG wings.

Comments

  1. Your scales sessions are your "laboratorium" where you do the "laborious" work. Here it is a good thing to focus on technique. When you start practicing your pieces I suggest to start with the difficult passages (in a laboratorium-way, dissecting, turning them in every possible way, repeating them very slowly, observing the way your fingers go, adjusting the weight on your right hand,...). Once you have come to the end of this chore, music can begin. Focus on the melody and nourish it with your mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! "Nourish it with your mind"
      Thank you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts