Just playing for pleasure is fine as well (the Way of the Lute)

Lute player with moustache"Just playing for pleasure is fine as well"

These judicious words were sent to me by my teacher after I'd laid out a plan for covering different aspects of technique and musical theory learning. It's quite possible that I do get a bit over concerned about the theory and the how and why rather than just sitting down with my lute and enjoying it.

This morning I did exactly that though. Coffee, book then followed by three pieces I've been playing lately in a relaxed manner, just enjoying the music. It seemed to me that I played rather well too!

In the words of the great sword master Musashi, "Practice is the only way you will ever come to understand what the Way of the Warrior is about."

...or the Way of the Lute

Comments

Popular Posts